It doesn’t seem that long ago Virpil released the original VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle but following feedback from their consumers they have refined the design into the CM2. The new throttle sports a new form factor which will match future button boxes from Virpil.
The press release is as follows:
This is the latest revision of our popular VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle which includes an all new design with a number of changes based on the feedback we’ve received from the community:
- – The overall dimensions of the throttle have been reduced and now match the form factor of our upcoming control panels.
- – The throttle lever arc angle has been increased by 20 degrees to allow for more physical position precision of the throttle levers.
- – The throttle no longer has a base plate, but instead has removable support legs with rubber feet for desktop use.
- – The detachable USB and AUX connections from our MongoosT-50CM2 Base Unit have been carried over to the throttle.
- – The metal toggle switches have been changed to larger toggle switches to offer a more “realistic” response.
- – The RGB backlighting has been removed and we are using new customisable push buttons which feature direct RGB lighting. The buttons feature a removable transparent cap, so you can insert your own inlays.
- – The toggle switch on the left side throttle handle has been changed to a large encoder dial.
More information can be found on our webstore:
We have also added an adapter plate that allows the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle to be attached to mounts designed for the TMW Throttle.